Active Living Analyst
REPORTS TO: President & CEO
POSITION: This role is the overall Active Living property manager and is responsible for all aspects of the development, buildings, people and paperwork.
- Business, Project/Property Management, Finance, IT, Sales or related field experience preferred
- Five (5) years of related experience
- Must be effective in developing and sustaining positive relationships with prospects, members, staff, vendors and community leaders
- Computer experience required (Outlook, Word, Excel, ECS, Google, Facebook, Powerpoint, Word Press etc).
- Must be organized, able to multi-task, and appropriately prioritize workloads.
- Must be able to make independent decisions
- Regular office hours and additional special event hours required, with flexible appointment hours being available on evenings and weekends
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Must demonstrate effective communication skills (written and verbal) with staff and customers.
- Demonstrates ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relations with staff and customers.
- Must demonstrate use of mature judgment and demonstrate excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be a self starter and be able to work independently, as well as with others.
- Must be able to work under stress when confronted with critical or unusual situations.
- Must be able to handle job responsibilities in a positive, professional manner.
- Works primarily indoors in a well-illuminated, reasonably climate-controlled environment.
- Must be able to guide home tours in all types of weather.
- Must be able to work with frequent interruptions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a hands on member of the team, doing some work orders, or troubleshooting for residents when needed.*
- Develops and maintains relationships with residents, through 1 to 1 visits minimum twice per year.*
- Documents and reports changes in resident behavior, living conditions, or wellness to the team.*
- Responsible to communicate with Construction Coordinator in a timely manner so that construction deadlines are met, accurate resident choices are documented and billed correctly.*
- Serves as a liason between Bartels Administration, the Eisenach Village, Anna Estates, and the various active living members*
- Manages the use and maintenance of the Klubhaus and various meeting areas.
- Organizes and facilitates regular meetings for those in Independent Living.*
- Works with and oversees outside consultants as required. Maintain consistent communication with outside vendors, manage bids and costs with transparency on a regular basis.*
- Provides information and answers questions pertaining to the available options and upgrades for each unit.
- Oversees and facilitates the acceptance process for new residents; ensures that townhomes are ready for occupancy as contracted with prospective residents.*
- May act as the move-in coordinator.*
- Ensures a smooth transition for residents moving from Active living throughout our continuum by working with other leaders*
- Holds a community event monthly.*
- Communicate clearly during weekly team meetings.*
Marketing and Development
- Searches out qualified leads from a variety of sources.*
- Place and maintain proper signage throughout the community.*
- Assures continual updated advertising through various mediums is current and relevant*
- Organizes Open Houses and events to welcome prospective buyers*
- Ensures timely circulation of advertising for events, homes for sale, etc.*
- Email blast to interested parties weekly.*
- Personal contact regularly with top prospects.*
- Initiates and maintains contact with prospective residents, referral sources and others and follow up all prospects by both mail, phone calls, texts, emails and social media in a timely manner (within 12 hours).*
- Calls made daily to new prospects.*
- Regular contact with area realtors/referral sources.*
- Create and prepare digital files including applications, calculation spread sheets, contracts, financial reports and tracking mechanisims.*
- Prepares and reviews occupancy, weekly sales reports.*
- Ability to maintain accurate records and files.*
- Continual updates and organization to paperwork: includeing applications, calculation sheets, contracts, financial reports, lead tracking and sales reports.*
- Receives calls and inquiries from prospective residents, and their advisors; provides information, answers questions, overcomes objections and closes sales.*
- Interviews and reviews records for approval of prospective residents.*
- Shows townhomes to prospective residents, guests and others.*
- Assists residents and guides them through the selection process.*
- Works to continue sales/closings and tracks on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.*
- Prepare and process all purchase agreements along with all necessary forms, exhibits, etc.*
- Collect purchase deposits, as well as option payments.*
- Develop short and long range department plans, goals / objectives and programs consistent with organizational mission, priorities, and policy.
- Prepare and present weekly sales reports/activity in team meetings.
- Meet or exceed sales closing expectations .
- Assures compliance with all county, state, and federal regulations.*
- Administer and enforce established community policies and guidelines.
- Follow all Fair Housing Guidelines with respect to race, religion, color or national origin.
- Monitors and manages the budget of the department working within the established budget.
- Maintain and purchase necessary supplies for office, clubhouse and property in accordance with company and/or manager’s approval.
- Make recommendations concerning methods of reducing operating costs and increasing income.
- Meet with finance department personnel, as necessary, to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or the improvement of services.*
Safety and Sanitation
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency policies and procedures.*
- Performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner; assures that safety regulations are followed at all times by all staff. *
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the department/community.*
- Interacts with residents, families, staff, and other visitors to the center in a pleasant, respectful, and courteous manner.*
- Acts as a positive representative of the facility at all time.*
- Report unresolvable complaints and grievances to the President/CEO.*
- Represents Bartels Lutheran Retirement Community in a professional manner within the community.*
- Works appropriate hours as needed. Is accountable for his/her time/work responsibilities.*
- Provides privacy and maintains the confidentiality of all resident/clients information. *
- Ensures care and security of residents’/clients’ personal possessions. *
- Reports all complaints and grievance made by residents/clients, family members, and visitors to the supervisor.*
- Ensures that residents/clients are free from abuse (physical, mental, and sexual), mistreatment and neglect, and reports any such instances to appropriate facility staff. *
- Attends all in-service education programs through CE Solutions and other scheduled in-services as mandated by federal, state, and company guidelines.*
- Participates and assists in departmental meetings and projects as assigned.*
- Accepts the responsibility of defining and meeting continuing education requirements.*
- Possess the desire to obtain additional education as needed to grow with the organization.*
- All other duties as assigned by the supervisor.*
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees, or residents.
This description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.