Dear residents, staff, families and supporters,
Labor Day is a day that celebrates the contributions and achievements of workers and represents a day of rest and the end of summer.
For our industry the last couple years has added increased workloads, regulations, inflation, financial and work force challenges and less time for rest. As demanding as the year continues to be, I remind everyone to focus on the positives. The staff we have, are awesome! Everyone focuses on putting the residents first, and we continue to lean on our values and mission as an organization.
We are grateful to work in an industry which provides a value to the community and is appreciated by the residents and families. There is a lot of labor in what we do, however there is also laughter, tears, and joy!
A few updates for this holiday weekend:
• The county continues to be in high transmission.
• Bartels is open to visitation and has no active Covid cases at this time.
• The rule for screening in at the kiosks, and wearing a mask when you visit still applies.
• Testing for the staff happens twice a week. Next week due to the holiday, testing will occur Tuesday, Sept. 6, and Friday, Sept. 9, from 2- 4 pm (for exempt or those not up to date with vaccine boosters) in the Chapel.
• Updates continue to happen at the main entrance.
The transition from summer to fall is in the air, but along with that comes football games, sweatshirts and colorful changes.
I hope this Labor Day you find time to rest and renew, find something to be grateful for and tell someone you care about them!
Have a Blessed holiday!
Paula Geise, RN, MSN, CEO
Categorised in: Uncategorized