Dear Residents, Staff, Families and Supporters,
This week we had our annual survey process. There were 6-7 surveyors in the building throughout the week!
I want to commend Veronica Shea, Administrator, and all the team members for an awesome survey!
This survey showed significant improvement over the last several surveys. There were two complaints investigated along with our annual. The two complaints were unsubstantiated. There were two concerns on one resident that will be forwarded for review, which had to do with one order and the order on the care plan. It will be 2-3 weeks before we receive our final report.
The surveyors were extremely complimentary and here are some of the comments I want you to know:
• The kitchen was very clean and there were no issues found in food service!
• The staff in all departments were pleasant, helpful and were doing a great job!
• The staff made our job easy as they helped us get the information we needed quickly!
• The residents were clean, well dressed and happy!
• There were a ton of engaging activities going on!
• The facility overall was very clean and looked great!
• The dementia area was just awesome! The staff back there really are trained well!
• We talked with a lot of residents and family members and they were all very happy!
Again, I commend all the leadership and staff for a job well done! As many of you know there are so many rules and regulations to follow and having surveyors watch every move you make can be nerve-racking. To only have a couple of items is awesome. I appreciate all the staff does for Bartels and the residents we serve!
We wish everyone a fun and safe Heritage Days in Waverly and be sure and watch for us in the parade!
Paula Geise, RN, MSN, CEO
Categorised in: Uncategorized