A Commitment to Christian Service
Ministering to the spiritual needs of all residents, regardless of their church affiliation, the Bartels Chaplaincy helps fulfill the overall mission of the retirement community: Enriching lives through quality services and Christian care.
The Bartels Chaplain provides a full time chaplaincy ministry to all residents in many ways:
- Serving all locations on the Bartels campus including: Eisenach Village, Eichhorn Haus, Linden Place, Woodland Terrace and Evergreen Arbor
- Leading Sunday ecumenical worship services in the Good Shepherd Chapel, as well as other worship areas.
- Conducting Bible studies
- Leading daily meal time prayers and noon devotions in the dining rooms
- Visiting residents through one-on-one visits
- Visiting residents in the hospital
- Attending to residents and their families during the end of life process, funerals and celebrations of life
- Coordinating programs involving Wartburg students, church groups and area clergy
- Acting as liaison between residents and representatives of residents’ home church
The Bartels Chaplain also ministers to staff and their families as well as carries the Bartels message to church and community groups.
A Responsibility for Spiritual Growth
We are committed, at Bartels, to the health of body and spirit. This commitment to improving the spirituality of our older adults sets us apart from similar organizations. It’s an essential part of the glue that holds the Bartels community together. A fully-funded Chaplaincy Endowment will allow continued devotion to:
- An understanding of the unique joys and concerns of aging adults.
- A successful extension of our residents’ home church ministries.
- The concerns of the spirit so our residents can enjoy the hope and faith that allows a celebration of life.
- The over-arching Bartels mission and commitment to serving the spiritual needs of all our residents.
The Bartels Chaplaincy Endowment, created in 1997, ensures continuous full-time Chaplaincy services at Bartels.
Our Endowment funds are invested in perpetuity, to forever earn interest income for supporting the Chaplaincy program. These earnings will help ensure that these services, the very heart of our Christian mission, do not become vulnerable to operational budget challenges.
Donors who support the Chaplaincy Endowment Campaign may make their donation through an immediate or pledged cash gift, or by a planned gift such as will bequests, trust fund, life insurance, real estate, or other planned gift.
For more information, contact the Development Office at 319-352-4540